Thursday, July 30, 2009

Sheeesh!

That is the only appropriate word I can muster this morning to describe how I am feeling. This word is a two edged sword this morning. Sheesh being good in the fact that I fall more and more in love with my daughter every single second. I am captivated by her. Her tiny little features, her sneezes and noises, her precious face. And Sheesh being bad in the fact that this little girl will not sleep. She is a fighter that is for sure. She will be exhausted, plum tuckered out if you will, and she will still not sleep. For the past two nights I will feed her and then lay her down and no more than 10 minutes later she has kicked herself out of her swaddle and is squirming all over her crib. The only way she will get some sort of sleep is to sleep on mine or Aaron's chest. Great for her, uncomfortable at best for us. I think last night she slept all of two hours in her crib. But earlier this week she was sleeping for four and five hours straight at night. Now we are lucky to get two uninterrupted hours. As I type right now she is in her swing and I have my ipod playing some fun music so I can sing to her. But she is getting fussy now. When she eventually naps maybe I can post some pictures. Here's hoping!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

oh believe me, I remember those moments all too well! (it is definitely easier the second time around). As everyone keeps telling you, it really will get easier! Of all the amounts of advice I heard, the best was to pick a routine-- whatever works best for YOU guys-- and stick to it. She will get used to it *eventually*. Madeline always slept on me for the first three months of her life (agh! NO sleep for me!), then I realized she would fall asleep in the swing so I let her do that for about another month, then FINALLY I was like okay you HAVE to sleep in your bed, and would just do the same routine with her EVERY single time, even if she would wake up over and over. Finally, at around 5-6 months, she got used to it and starting sleeping great. Its so tough to get through those times, though, I know... so just hang in there. Praying for and thinking of you! You will survive, we all do! :) Love you!

Peggy said...

No sleep is soooo hard. But just keep at it and she will get the hang of it - nap when she naps!!