Friday, June 19, 2009

Nesting, baking and loving!!

Aaron and I are going to purchase a small freezer to go in our garage mainly because our freezer is tiny. But with the new addition shortly on her way we want to make sure we have enough room for all things that come with having a baby and being on maternity leave. Next weekend is our true and final free weekend before Kennedy arrives, we will do something on the 4th if she is not here by then. And I want to spend the weekend making yummy casseroles, breads and goodies to freeze so when she arrives I don't have to stress about meals. Soooo, would you please post your favorite recipes for breads, casseroles or dishes that would freeze well so I can make them!!! I love to try new and fun recipes so I am open for anything!!!

I am 37 weeks today and I cant wait. I am so ready for this little girl to be here so I can love on her and kiss her and snuggle with her. And as Fathers Day approaches I just keep thinking how great Aaron is going to be as a dad. Most of you know I didn't have a father around growing up and I missed out on alot but this little lady will have the best dad in the world! I will post pics of Aaron's father-to-be gift. Its a good one!

3 comments:

Pascha said...

yay! everything sounds so exciting and fun!!

one of carter and mines favorite dishes is an enchilada recipe... i have frozen it and dethawed it in the microwave and then stuck it in the oven for a little bit and it was just as good! these are seriously the best enchiladas and we make them a lot!!

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/wp-content/uploads/2009/01/pws-favorite-enchiladas.pdf

Leslie said...

Mexican Chicken:

Combine the meat of a roasted chicken or 4 cooked, cubed chicken breasts with the following:

1 can rotel
1 can cream of mushroom
1 can cream of chicken
1 can cheddar cheese soup
spices to taste (I love cumin, cayenne pepper, etc.)

In a 9x13 pan (or two square pans), layer flour tortillas, half of chicken mixture, more tortillas, the rest of the chicken mixture, and one last layer of tortillas. Top with cheese. Cover and freeze or back at 350 for 30 minutes. If you freeze it, just thaw it in the fridge and bake until bubbly and slightly browned.

Comfort food at its best! A little chopped cilantro, salsa, or sour cream freshens it up a bit!

Leslie said...

(I usually do two square pans since it is just the two of us...I usually bake one and then freeze the other. One other handy trick...if you line your pan w/ foil, make the casserole in it, top w/ foil to seal, and freeze it, you can then pop your little brick of a casserole into a baggie, label it, and then stack in the freezer. When it is time to thaw/bake, pop the brick back into the same pan! No buying disposable pans and no frustration when you realize the pan you need is in the freezer!)