Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Overwhelmed!

Aaron and I are so excited to be expecting our first child. We have decided to do cloth diapers. We want to be responsible and respectful of the earth while providing good quality products for our child. I am also looking at doing glass baby bottles instead of plastic. I was looking at car seats and strollers today. How does one choose the safest product. I know there are star ratings but how do I know what or who to trust. There are so many companies and products it will be a challenge to pick which ones we go with. I am not complaining in the least it is just overwhelming for a mom-to-be!!! I am excited about coming home in April. That is only chance I will get to see alot of my friends and family before I have the baby! I am showing just a tad. Not really enough to notice much. I am ready for a belly (I think)! I know I will be ready to have a flat belly again as soon as the baby is born but I just want to "look the part"! We also just found out that our dear friends Will and Rebecca are pregnant. This is so much fun and such a blessing. She is only 5 weeks along but it is so nice to have a friend that I spend alot of time with going through the same things. I love being a mom, even though my baby has not been born yet. I love the idea of having someone to love, cuddle, read to, play with and watch develop. I cant wait. Aaron's parents bought us a crib and changing table for Christmas. It arrived yesterday. We will not be setting it up or decorating until we know the sex of the baby. I cant wait. I am so excited to start that part of journey!

1 comment:

Pascha said...

Oh emma! I am so excited for you, you are going to be a wonderful mother; and im sure you are just beautiful and glowing!
About the carseat stroller thing, i LOVE my chicco carseat it just seems a little bit more sturdy and heavy duty than other stuff you see out there. Its a bit more expensive than some brands but still middle line priced and they carry it at babies r us! As far as a stroller goes, since I know that you will be walking and jogging with your baby i would just invest in a jogging stroller and not even get one that goes with your carseat. Which i know doesnt sound as fun, but i have a feeling you would like that better:) and you can get this little bar attachment so that your carseat still fits in the stroller:)
SO that is my two cents!!! Who is doing your shower here? I would love to help if I can! I miss you; call me and we can chat about registry stuff, I cant wait till you find out what it is....i hope its a boy ;)
maybe right after you have your sweet baby i can fly out to vegas and spend a few days with you and your new sweet family:)
LOVE YOU