Wow, it feels like ages since I have posted. A lot has changed in the last two months and even more change is coming our way in the month of May. Aaron and I have been trying to get closer to home ever since Kennedy was born. We want her to grow up around aunts and uncles and grandparents and great grandparents. So about two months ago Aaron accepted a ministry position in Oklahoma City. This job is perfect for him. He will be great at it and will be such a huge asset to this church. He fits in ministry so well. So once he accepted the job at the church we had to hit the ground running. We had to figure out what to do with our house, still working on that one. Tell my job that I was leaving, and I had to find a new job back home, thank goodness the Lord provides because we both have new jobs to go back to. We had to figure out where we were going to live in Oklahoma, done and done! And then we had to face the challenge of packing up our house, our lives for the past two years and our precious baby girl and head east. 1000 miles east to be exact. Lets just say Kennedy is strong willed, and already very opinionated (wonder where she got that from?) so it should be very interesting to drive across the country with her for two days! Luckily my mom and brother-in-law Bryce are flying out to help us get back! Speaking of brother-in-laws I just a new one. Matt and Val got married in Mexico on the 24th of April. I will not try to hide my excitement about moving home but there is a list of things I will miss about Las Vegas...
1. My friends, I have made some lifelong friendships while living here and there will be many tears shed when its time to say goodbye.
2. My job, I have loved working for the American Cancer Society for the past two years. Volunteers are incredible beings and I have learned so much from them. They will be dearly missed as well.
3. Our home, I love where we live. Its so peaceful and beautiful and away from the city. And this was the home that we brought Kennedy home to for the first time. This is where she had all of her firsts. It will always hold a special place in my heart.
4. The beauty, yes you heard me right! If you have ever been to Vegas you know the surrounding landscape has it own beauty. We are surrounded my mountains and we can even see snow on one of the peaks.
5. The heat, yes you heard me correctly again! I would take the Vegas heat of the Oklahoma humidity any day!!!
6. In and Out Burger. Enough said!
We are staring a new chapter of our lives and I know it will hold a lot of good memories and we are very excited about the future. But I will be leaving a part of my heart here in Las Vegas. For all of the good friends and memories that will stay behind when we pull out of the driveway with our 26 foot Uhaul, our Honda being towed and me driving the truck with our little lady navigating!
Look out Oklahoma, here we come!
New Blog and My First Giveaway!!!
7 years ago