Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Busy Busy Busy



Here is a typical day in the life!!


A quick side note, I don't actually know when my days end and begin anymore! Ever since Kennedy arrived on the scene my days, staring on July 12th, have been one constant movement. There has really been no end and no beginning. I guess that is why time flies so fast when you become a parent. Because "time" as you knew it before does not exist anymore!
I will start at the beginning (whatever the beginning really means)
3:00a.m-5:30 anytime between these hours my darling girl will stir and oh so gently request to be fed!
5:45-6:00- Shower
6:00-6:05 Quickly blow dry hair
6:05-6:10 Straighten hair
6:11 Put hair in ponytail ( questioning why I took the time to straighten my hair)
6:15-7:00 Eat breakfast and if I am lucky I get to do this sitting down and one complete act! Get Kennedy's stuff ready for school, pack lunch, pack breast pump.
7:00-7:30 Change diapers, give hugs and kisses to the baby and the husband and send them off.
7:32 Grab coffee and head to work.
8:00-4:00 Work, pump, watch Kennedy on the cameras at school, work, pump, etc.
4:00-4:25 Smile the whole way to Kennedy's school thinking about hugging her little body.
4:30 Bliss! Seeing my little girl, giving her kisses and hopefully getting a smile from her!
4:30-5:00 Drive home in crazy Las Vegas traffic.
5:00-5:30 Feed and love on my baby girl.
5:30-6:00 Start dinner and wait for hubby to get home.
6:00-8:00 Hang with the family, do dishes, clean up house, pack lunch for next day, and bath for baby girl if necessary.
8:00-8:30 Feed and put baby down.
8:30-1:00 (If I am lucky) Baby girl sleeps and so does mommy!
Then it starts all over again the next day, or next shift as I see it!


Well its 12:15 and that means its time for me to go pump. Trying to keep breast milk supplied while bringing home the bread for the family!!!



3 comments:

Melissa said...

you are one strong mama!!

Anonymous said...

WOW - sounds like you are doing a great job a being a mommy. I knew you would : )

AND OH THAT SMILE in her pics. I wish I could hold her : (

~Christy said...

way to go with sticking with pumping and giving your girl the best gift ever! very proud of you!