Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Faithful

As the due date for our precious baby girl quickly approaches I find myself getting very overwhelmed and anxious about the little things (and big things if I am honest) in life. There is so much that I want to do to her room, our house and other details about my life that I want to get in order before she arrives. I start thinking about all of the "what ifs" and I start to worry about finances and I really just get myself worked up about things that have not happened yet and quite possibly will never happen.

But this past weekend we were in San Francisco visiting some friends, Shannon and Drew, and we went to church with them on Sunday. We listed to Andy Stanley give a sermon and something he said really stuck with me. It was telling a story and in the story Elijah was questioning Gods faithfulness in a way. God had to remind Elijah that he had always been faithful, even when Elijah hadn't seen it.

Today has been a really stressful, overwhelming and down right bad day. I just have to remember that the Lord is faithful and has been faithful and will continue to be faithful.

1 comment:

Pascha said...

hey friend! just remember how incredibly blessed you are! especially getting ready to be a mother, and bringing a child into this world! it is truly the greatest gift in the whole world...all of the other "stuff" just wont seem to matter so much any more (atleast for a while:))
remember that i love you and if you need anything call me!!